Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dan Geigerman’s “Avenue Q” Parody for Hava Nashira 2011

 

Sung to the tune of “I Wish I Could Go Back To College” from the musical “Avenue Q” music & lyrics by by Robert Lopez and Jeff Marx.

Parody lyrics by Dan Geigerman

KATE MONSTER:
I love to be at Hava Nashira.
Life is so simple here.

NICKY:
What would I give to stay here
and sing 18 part harmonies all year!

PRINCETON:
I love to be at Hava Nashira.
Here you’re surrounded by friends.
You sit in the Rotunda,
and think, "Oh Hashem!
I am gonna sing louder than them!"

ALL:
I want to stay at Hava Nashira?
It seems to go by in a flash!

PRINCETON:
I wanna go back to my schule and
teach them all the new
things that I learned!
Ohhh...
I wish I could do all the classes...

NICKY:
Or learn a new song...

KATE MONSTER:
Or beat a drum...

PRINCETON:
Play guitar all day long.

ALL:
I need the faculty to point the way!
We’re always...
Jamming outside Chadar Ochel,
4 A.M. when we should be sleeping in bed,
Cursing the world because breakfast’s at 8,
And seeing the rest of my friends there, too!

PRINCETON:
I want to stay at Hava Nashira!

ALL:
Please God do not let it end!
AHHHH...

PRINCETON:
I wish I had taken more pictures.

NICKY:
But when we leave Hava Nashira,
We know the songs here don’t end-
We pack up to leave,
And think yes indeed,

ALL:
"I know I want to come back next year."

No comments:

Post a Comment