The contemporary Jewish folk/rock/pop liturgical music scene (or whatever we're going to call the Debbie Friedman to Dan Nichols to Todd Herzog and beyond genre) is blossoming with ever new recordings. We need to help ourselves get the word out, and posting reviews on this blog could be one way to do that. If you'd like to review something (new or old) please get in touch with me (email@example.com) It would be best to have reviews from reviewers of of several types:
- those who are NOT primarily songwriters/performers/songleaders
- those who are songleaders or music educators
- those who are songwriters/performers/producers/publishers
There are so many new recordings out there just crying to be reviewed. Here are some suggestions:
- Abby Gostein: Each Blessing
- Dan Nichols & e18hteen: To the Mountains
- Josh Nelson Project: Lift:
- Debbie Friedman: As You Go On Your Way-Shacharit-the Morning Prayers
- Todd Herzog: Everyday Blessings
and so much more. (Please don't be offended if I left your latest and greatest off this short list of suggestions. If you want your new project reviewed, send me a copy!)
Also, it would be nice to have all parts of the genre covered, including children's music, teen music, music for worship, adult listening, etc.
Let's all work together to help our community thrive.